Google introduces free tool Google My Business for customer management
Google has today announced the launch of Google My Business – a new service that connects businesses with customers.
Customers lie at the heart of every business, Google says in its announcement. But customer acquisition has been one of the biggest difficulties faced by businesses.
“[O]ur users tell us that finding these loyal customers can be complex and time-consuming. We believe it shouldn’t be,” it says on Google’s blog.
Google My Business simplifies all the processes associated with acquiring and managing customers under one roof.
On the platform, the following features are available:
- Update business info on Search, Maps and Google+ from one place to make it easy for customers to get in touch;
- Add photos of your business and a virtual tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business unique;
- Connect directly with your fans and customers by sharing news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page;
- Stay on top of reviews from across the web, and respond to Google reviews Understand how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express; and
- Manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app (which is launching soon).
Google is also upgrading current users of Places for Business and the Google+ Dashboard to this new experience.
The platform is not just for new founders, but also for existing businesses who have websites. According to Google, Google My Business complements an existing website by giving businesses a public identity and presence on Google.
The information businesses provide about themselves will appear on Google Search, Maps and Google+, which means that Google My Business is a neat way to bump up SEO.
Google My Business is completely free to use.