The Sydney Opera House Hackathon
Join the movers and shakers of Sydney’s Startup Community on 7th and 8th December for the first mobile app Hackathon ever to be launched for Sydney Opera House.
What is happening at this hackathon?
– Participants will be developing an app for Sydney Opera House which will be see by millions of visitors every year
– There will be cash prize and sponsor rewards
– All night coding (with pillows and beanbags) at the Quay Grand with plenty of food and drink
– Assistance from industry mentors and the opportunity to network with like-minded people
– Sponsor awards, breakout sessions, and post-event parties
– Mandatory Demos and a ‘no slide decks’ rule
– Code reviews to ensure winning teams are within the rules
– Exposure to the panel of judges, composed of industry experts and leaders
Never been to a hackathon? It’s all about fun & coding, you can’t miss out on it.
What should I build?
We want to see you build the next incredible Sydney Opera House app! It can be done in HTML5, on iOS, Android, etc. The winning app will be used by millions of people visiting our iconic institution every year to drive onsite engagement. We believe that your hackathon project will have a huge impact on the customers’ experience at the Opera House. Feel free to connect your app to wearables, in-car devices, and other hardware integrations.
Who should attend?
The event is open to all: junior developers looking to improve their skills, senior developers looking to connect with budding members of the community, designers of all skill-sets, and serious entrepreneurs that can add value to teams.
Never built on Android or iOS before?
Fear not, we’ll do our part to have teachers on hand throughout the hackathon to help you get going with these new and needed skills.
How is it judged?
Say goodbye to power-points. To present at our hackathon, you must demo – for at least 30 seconds. Projects will be judged on a combination of originality, technological skill, viability and usefulness.
The Sydney Opera House will provide people with everything they need could possibly need to produce the best possible app.
Tickets will go on sale soon and we will announce these in the next few days.