ANZ Innovyz START announce third program
Now in its second year, ANZ Innovyz START looks for successful tech enterprises with potentially break-through ideas that are ready for accelerated growth. The program identifies the key elements to success that entrepreneurs need to know to get them ‘investor ready’. The program includes coaching from global business experts and mentoring from over 30 CEOs who have grown and exited companies.
In addition to supporting the accelerator program, ANZ will also offer participants access to a $20,000 loan facility to help the companies fund their growth plans.
Dr Jana Matthews, Managing Director for ANZ Innovyz START said: “Since launching in February 2012 we have identified 20 exciting companies that have the potential to grow and go global.”
Thanks to support from the Adelaide City Council, the Government of South Australia, and in particular the significant investment from ANZ, we have been able to deliver a program that accelerates their growth.”
ANZ General Manager for Small Business Nick Reade, said: “ANZ’s ongoing support for this program forms part of our commitment to the Australian small business sector. Whether you’re a new small business, or just someone with a great innovative idea, it’s about having the right support, mentoring and skills to get off the ground.
This program is about fostering growth and innovation in small business, and accelerating the development of start-up companies who really need that initial leg-up to get going. We’re a strong supporter of the start up segment, having an approval rate of around 70 per cent for ANZ start up loan applications.
The ANZ Innovyz START program will commence on 12 August 2013. Selected companies will work with world-class mentors – including CEOs and corporate executives who have started, grown and exited companies – to refine their business model, shape their marketing and product strategies, and prepare for global growth. Past program mentors have included Chief Experience Evangelist for Microsoft’s US Developer & Platform Evangelism (DPE) team, Chris Bernard, noted Silicon Valley entrepreneur Martin Babinec, and co-founder and former Chairman of DealsDirect, Paul Greenberg.
Applications will close on 14 June 2013. More details on the program application process are available at www.innovyzstart.com
ANZ Innovyz Start Summer 2013 program companies:
- The Unicoach: The Unicoach helps undergraduate students create their own productivity system to achieve stress-free academic success. Adelaide
- Kicktone: A platform that helps independent bands engage with their fans and attract a new audience by making it easy for them to share and sell their music. Adelaide
- Singa: A localised musical platform empowering people to become more connected through real-time singing. The first version enables kids to have fun while singing along to their favourite tunes, a video recording of which can then be shared. Future versions will have gamification and real time multi-user singing along with apps and retail purchases. Adelaide
- FitUsIn: A booking site for the health and fitness industry that allows users to quickly compare gym deals and book their visits online. Adelaide
- Mobility Unlimited: Innovative technology and solutions platform that seeks to revolutionise how businesses and consumers interact by enabling instant, tailored and high-precision location-based services and payments. Adelaide
- DataMunch: An online service that enables users to easily combine isolated datasets and gain insights quicker and cheaper than alternatives. Adelaide
- Metrixcare (formerly Edgebox): A healthcare collaborative platform for measurement, management and improvement in patient safety and cost. Adelaide
- Memtell: Strengthening family and community bonds through storytelling and imagery. Memtell captures people’s memories using photography and voice recording, and allows memories to be stored online, in the cloud, making them easily accessible for viewing. Melbourne
- TowardTheStars: A Website full of resources and gifts to inspire girls to be Strong, Smart and Daring. Sydney
- Agent Anything: A website that connects people and companies to cost-effective student labour for almost any kind of task, temporary job or service. Canada, USA, and UK