AusMumpreneur of the Year Goes to ….
Toni Joel & Nikki Horovitz from Tonic have been named the 2012 AusMumpreneur of the Year at a glittering ceremony during The National AusMumpreneurs Conference in Sydney on Saturday night.
The ceremony was an opportunity for business mums to celebrate and recognise the best and brightest entrepreneurs in the mumpreneur industry, acknowledging success in business, product development, services and innovation.
Tonic the creation of ToniJoel and Nikki Horovitz is all about beautiful, elegant and timeless pieces for bath, body and home, combining their philosophy of style, elegance, purity and quality.
The Tonic brand is based in Melbourne and encompasses an array of classic, elegant and modern home fragrance and body products for the bedroom, bathroom or living area.
Tonic is all about turning everyday items into magnificent essentials that make your home fabulous, and are Australian made using locally sourced materials and ingredients.
Tonic’s range is quite extensive, with products including fabric gifts, home accessories, candles,fragrances, soaps, and hand balms
Toni and Nikki are proud to be recognised as the 2012 AusMumpreneur of the Year and were thrilled to accept their award at the awards ceremony on Saturday night.
“After 20 years of building Tonic, and loving every minute of it, this is just the icing on the cake,” Nikki said when accepting her award.
“It’s quite humbling given the quality of the finalists and I’d like to share the award with you all and I’d like to thank Connect2Mums for recognising the important role that women and mothers play in our business community,” she added.
Connect2Mums owners Peace Mitchell and Katy Garner congratulated all the AusMumpreneur finalists and winners for their achievements in this thriving industry.
“The most inspiring thing for me is the incredibly generous and supportive way each and every mumpreneur encouragedeach other and cheered each other on. They are wonderful role models for their children and other mums out there thinking about starting their own business!” Peace said.
“Peace and I were so proud to see these women forming lasting friendships and business alliances at the event over the weekend,” Katy added.
Other AusMumpreneur Award winners were:
· Koolaman Designs Rising Star: Tina Harris Lah-Lah
· Emerging AusMumpreneur: Elise Easdown What’s On 4
· PBC Expo Product Innovation Award: Dyna Predebon Adoorable Toy Company
· Service Business of the Year: Kristen Semmens Nitpro & Ziggetty Snipits
· Favourite Eco-Friendly Business: Dalal Ozdemir Earthy Mumma
· Favourite Customer Service: Katrina McCarter Bubbler Deals
· Favourite Blog: Jasmine Boothey Bargain Mums
· Favourite Handmade: Michelle Jeanes Wicked Soy Candles
· Favourite Boutique: Amanda Edwards InviteMe
· Favourite Product: Kelly Northey Bamboo Bubby Bags
· Webonize Making a Difference Award: Nicky Johnston Happy Hero
The Connect2Mums online community provides a safe and supportive environment for women in business to get together and share information, network and gain motivation.