Everyday Recipes for the Busy Startup!
After a busy day at work the last thing we feel like doing when we get home is spend time in the kitchen or we feel so famished from not eating that we reach for the easiest thing possible which most of the time isn’t the healthiest option.
I’m here to help with 4 recipes that you can use that are simple, tasty and healthy. My suggestion is that you make a larger portion for dinner and then you can take it to lunch with you the next day. Double whammy!
Meal 1: Beef Rissoles
- 500g Beef or Kangaroo mince
- 1 egg
- ½ grated carrot
- ¼ cup of spring onion
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
Makes approx 8 rissoles
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Roll into large sized balls and then flatten into a meat pattie
- Place on a medium heated pan and cook approximately 5 minutes each side.
- If you like the meat cooked thoroughly try placing a lid onto of the pan
Serve with green salad or even more simple cut up some carrot and cucumber sticks
Meal 2: Coconut Chicken Schnitzel
- 2 chicken fillets sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ tsp of paprika
- 4 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
You can purchase coconut flour from any health food store. It is a bit more expensive but you use a lot less than normal flour and it is pure ground up coconut so no starchy carbohydrates or wheat products
- Beat the egg
- Place chicken in the egg mixture ensuring it is well coated.
- Mix paprika through the coconut flour and spread out on a plate
- Coat the chicken that has been placed in the egg mixture in the flour
- Pre heat the pan to medium heat with the coconut oil.
- Place the chicken on the pan and cook approximately 5 minutes each side
Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables
Meal 3: Chicken balsamic with caramelized tomatoes
- 500g Chicken breast
- 1 tsp Cajun Spice
- 1 red onion sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 tablespoon of organic butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves/ or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Basil
- Massage the Cajun spice into the chicken
- Melt the butter on medium heat in a fry pan
- Add the onion and garlic and cook till soft
- Add the chicken breast and cook till golden brown
- Add the vinegar and cherry tomatoes
- Cook until tomatoes are just softened and look caramelised
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve
Serve with green beans
Meal 5: Shepherds Pie
- 800g of Kangaroo mince
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 20g organic butter
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
Depending on what your health goals are. If you want something with lower carbohydrates instead of Sweet Potato try Cauliflower
Simply get a whole cauliflower. Chop the heads off, place in a pot and boil until tender. Place in a blender with 2 tablespoons of organic butter and blend until you have a smooth consistency. Tastes just like mash potatoes
- Dice sweet potatoes and place in a pot
- Fill water so it’s just covering the potatoes
- Bring to boil, turn down heat until the potato feels soft when poking with a fork
- Mash the potatoes with butter until soft and fluffy
- In a pan cook the onion and garlic until soft and golden
- Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper
- Add kangaroo mince and cook till brown
- Dissolve beef stock in 1/2 cup of water and add to meat
- Add sauces and simmer until the juices absorb in the mixture
NOW ALL TOGETHER
- Place all the meat in a even layer at the bottom of the pan
- Top it with the sweet potatoes.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes till the potatoes are slightly golden on the top
To get your complimentary cookbook email Kristine at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kristine Coffey
A registered nurse, and qualified personal Trainer Kristine knows what it is like to be in demanding positions, currently in the process of opening a new training studio with a business partner, she is aware of what it takes to keep yourself fit and healthy so you can have maiximum productivity each day. Kristine also runs Pantry Makeovers, giving you the right ingredients and showing you how to eat healthy.